If you would like to find out more about OUTdance, or to become a member please see below or get in contact with us.
OUTdance is a Perth based ballroom dancing group that stages various social events and runs regular weekly classes for LGBTQIA+ couples and singles. Dances include Cha Cha, Barn Dance, Disco Madison, Evening Three Step, Jive, Merrilyn, Progressive Jive, Quickstep, Samba, Square Rumba, Slow Rhythm, Tango and a range of fun line dances. OUTdance has been running successfully in the community since 2001. It is a great opportunity to meet new people while you learn how to dance in a safe, relaxed environment.
OUTdance is and incorporated not-for-profit organisation which aims to:
- support the the active wellbeing of LGBTQIA+ people through the activity of dance and movement;
- provide social activities that are safe and inclusive;
- encourage and empower LGBTQIA+ people to actively participate within the association, partner organisations and the community;
- encourage and promote same-sex dance in all its forms;
- promote and participate in same-sex dance competitions;
- provide opportunities to participate in dance examinations with recognised dance associations,
- co-operate with, and to seek co-operation from, same-sex dance promoters and all organisations supporting the LGBTQIA+ community; and
- support and assist LGBTQIA+ community organisations wherever possible and practicable.
Constitution and membership
To find out more about OUTdance and to become a member please find out constitution and membership forms below.
Patron of OUTdance Inc – the Honourable Kim Beazley AC
In July 2020 the Honourable Kim Beazley AC, Governor of Western Australia accepted the invitation to became the Patron of OUTdance Inc.
OUTdance Patronage Accept Letter
OUTdance is held every Tuesday from 7.00pm at the Mt Hawthorn Community Hall 197 Scarborough Beach Rd. New members are always welcome.